Friday, April 8, 2016

Does Sexy Anti-Sex Sell Financial Services?

In this week's issue of TIME I have a one sentence quote in a finance related article. Yesterday a company reached out in an attempt to sell me a commemorative novelty plaque for the walls of our office.  The plaque, they tell me, will look like this:


As I told the sales guy, I'm not sure it sends the message we're going for.  If you're interested in the article, the online version is here and the print edition is dated April 11, 2016.  If don't want to read the whole thing or like reading quotes without context, imagine an article that includes the words:

“But it’s not about the return,” says Jonathan Swanburg, a financial planner with Tri-Star Advisors in Houston. “What’s important is that you can’t outlive it.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment