Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 9: Getting Fancy Drunk

drink, donate, repeat
This weekend Liam took his first road trip up to Austin and by thoroughly  inconveniencing Rachel’s cousin, I scored myself a last second invite to the Rare & Fine Wine Auction at the Four Seasons hotel.  Our table included the former CEO of PayPal Europe, a founder of HomeAway, a guy that invented the refillable ink cartridge, the winemaker at Rasa Vineyards and a few other folks that proudly drink for charity. 

Would you like some Peter Michael someone would ask?  Sure.  Cristal? Thanks.  100 Acre?  Why not.  Gaja? Pour it. Velvet Glove?  YOLO.  Something French in a decanter from 1998?  I’ll help myself.

At the end of the night when everyone else was leaving, I stumbled around the ballroom to steal the wines others had left behind.  My haul consisted of two glasses of Opus One, some Harlan, two bottles of Creative Impulse and an unopened bottle of 2003 Dom Perignon.


It was a great evening and I can't thank Adam enough for bringing me along.       

No comments:

Post a Comment