Saturday, March 5, 2016

February in Review

Maintaining a blog about children is very difficult. It entails sorting through pictures from my phone, transferring them to the computer, uploading them to the blog and then writing something kind and relevant. This is usually made harder by the fact I would rather watch Netflix, read, or do anything other than write nice things about the kids that were just crying because I told them to brush their teeth.

And every night is weird.  Last night for example we went and watched Baylor play baseball at University of Houston. A nice time was had by all. When we get home, I hop in the shower, Jackson pees on the tile before getting in with me. Liam tries to do the same.

Rachel says, “Liam you can’t pee on the floor.”

He says, “I’m going to pee in the shower.”

“Go for it!” she says.

But at this point Jackson and I are in the shower. Rachel doesn’t really care that it is improper etiquette to pee in a shower in which others are bathing because she is cleaning Jackson’s urine off the floor. So she is cleaning pee, Jackson and I are in the shower, Liam takes off his pants, opens the shower door, stands outside and starts peeing on our feet.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Peeing in the shower,” he said.

Moments later he finished, closed the door, and walked away.

Of course, I still love these people and here are some highlights from the past month:

We went hiking.

Liam met Hakeem Olajuwon
There was a cowboy day at school

We flew a kite

Jackson (still about 20 pounds and wearing 6 - 9 month clothes) was bit in the face by a bug 

Every time we try playing a sport - be it baseball, soccer, football or golf - Jackson will pull down his pants before running for the ball.  Little League will be fun.   

No comments:

Post a Comment